Becoming More Assertive (1 day)
This course is designed for those who struggle to express themselves assertively, including people with passive & aggressive communication styles.
Understanding how we communicate:
- Communication & the communication process.
Communication styles & their impact:
- Recognising factors behind styles – aggressive, passive & submissive; principles of assertive behaviour; how communication styles are perceived by others.
Appropriate circumstances for assertiveness:
- Boundary setting; circumstances requiring assertive behaviour incl. conflict situations.
- Techniques for dealing with: emotional reactions, conflict, criticism, & communication blocks.
Assertiveness in practice:
- Clear & concise expression of thoughts & feelings; effects on work-rate performance; dealing with difficult people & situations; saying “no” without feeling guilty; building confidence & self-esteem.
- Our rights & the rights of others; language & assertiveness; body language & assertiveness.
Make an Enquiry
We offer a free 1hr no-obligation consultation by phone or Zoom (or at your premises if in greater Belfast) to discuss your requirements.