Report writing focuses on the articulation of facts, opinions and recommendations. By following a clear set of guidelines, report writing can be greatly improved.
This course addresses common errors in report writing and provides guidance on appropriate writing styles & layouts.
Delivery Mechanisms: Lecturing/Group Discussion/Practical Exercises.
- Report scoping, incl. clarifying objectives and the impact on content & style
- Data gathering & analysis, incl. data reliability & validity
- Document layout protocols
- Correct use of graphics
- Appropriate writing styles
- Drafting & structuring executive summaries, introductions, commentaries & conclusions
- Punctuation & avoiding grammatical errors
- The 5 C’s of effective communication:
– Be Clear
– Be Concise
– Completely address all questions
– Be factually Correct
– Write Courteously
- Appendix material
- Ethical reporting
Make an Enquiry