Report writing focuses on the articulation of facts, opinions and recommendations. By following a clear set of guidelines, report writing can be greatly improved.
This course addresses common errors in report writing and provides guidance on appropriate writing styles & layouts.
Delivery Mechanisms: Lecturing/Group Discussion/Practical Exercises.
- Report scoping, incl. clarifying objectives and the impact on content & style;
- Data gathering & analysis, incl. data reliability & validity;
- Document layout protocols;
- Correct use of graphics;
- Appropriate writing styles;
- Drafting & structuring executive summaries, introductions, commentaries & conclusions;
- Punctuation & avoiding grammatical errors;
- The 5 C’s of effective communication:
– Be Clear;
– Be Concise;
– Completely address all questions;
– Be factually Correct;
– Write Courteously.
- Appendix material;
- Ethical reporting.
Make an Enquiry
We offer a free 1hr no-obligation consultation by phone or Zoom (or at your premises if in greater Belfast) to discuss your requirements.