Following the workshop, delegates will:
- Understand the purpose of consultation and their role in it;
- Appreciate the need to prepare for a consultation to encourage discussion outcomes;
- Know how to establish ground rules and encourage active participation;
- Confidently mediate the nature & degree of participant contributions;
- Confidently pose questions, summarise discussion threads, and obtain consensus;
- Manage participant expectations;
- Mediate aggressive & unacceptable participant behaviour.
Proposed Workshop Content
The consultation process: your role & purpose
Preparing for consultation exercises:
- Clearly stating objectives & outcomes;
- Developing question sets;
- Recognising constraints & limitations to manage expectations.
Opening the consultation session
- Posing and directing Q&A’s;
- Summarising discussion threads and obtaining consensus;
- Maintaining involvement;
- Making proposals;
- Setting the example for respectful behaviour & communication;
- Dealing with unacceptable behaviour.
FormatThis master-class workshop is highly practical, combining:
- Tutorial sessions that contextualise practical sessions;
- Tutor-led discussions;
- Group exercises;
- Individual exercises;
- Reflection & action-planning for continued development.
Make an Enquiry
We offer a free 1hr no-obligation consultation by phone or Zoom (or at your premises if in greater Belfast) to discuss your requirements.