Executive leadership mandates that the following areas are understood and reviewed on a regular basis by the directorate:
- 3-5 year strategic/corporate plan development, incl. vision & mission statements and corporate values;
- 1 year business plan development for each business area (in alignment with corporate plan);
- Business case development for proposed change projects;
- Leading & implementing change, incl. stakeholder consultation engagement & negotiation;
- Risk management protocols;
- Review of corporate governance mechanisms, incl. portfolio management;
- Leadership styles.
Each of the above areas constitutes a proposed workshop discussion. Workshops last approximately 3 hours (more details below).
We advise small group and/or 1-1 discussions with the director following each group workshop to discuss practical application to their business area.
- The corporate/strategic planning process;
- Contents of a corporate plan;
- Using strategic analysis techniques to inform the planning & decision-making process;
- Articulating thought processes.
- Business v. corporate plan: Differences;
- Business plan content & structure;
- Appropriate writing styles.
Business Case Development:
- What is a business case?;
- When to develop a business case;
- Business case content;
- Using business cases in planning & decision making.
Leading & Implementing Change:
- Conceptualising a change plan;
- Implementation considerations;
- Selling change & stakeholder management;
- Understanding reactions to change & overcoming barriers.
- Positive & negative risks;
- Using risk mitigation strategies;
- Evaluating risk exposure;
- Ongoing risk monitoring at Board Leave.
Corporate Governance Mechanisms incl. Portfolio Management:
- Using governance mechanisms in a corporate context;
- Using governance mechanisms to remain visible & accountable;
- Maintaining the robustness of governance mechanisms;
- Review of current corporate governance mechanisms.
- Operational management v. strategic leadership;
- Recent thoughts on leadership styles;
- Adapting your style to the situation & context;
- How leadership & communication styles impact organisational and team cultures;
- Leadership & motivation.
Make an Enquiry
We offer a free 1hr no-obligation consultation by phone or Zoom (or at your premises if in greater Belfast) to discuss your requirements.